Selective Mutism 'in the School' Conference
WHERE: Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty Airport
160A Frontage Road, Newark, NJ
WHEN: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2016
TIME: REGISTRATION DESK OPENS AT 7:45 AM
Events are 8:30 am-4:00 pm EST
The conference will be led by Selective Mutism expert Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum, who pioneered the evidenced-based Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT)®.
Dr. Shipon-Blum's treatment has helped thousands of children andyoung adults overcome selective mutism, social anxiety, extreme shyness, etc.
The conference will focus on:
1. How to assess the mute child/teen to develop an effective treatment and school-based accommodation/intervention plan within school.
2. How to assess learning & achievement
3. Comorbid disorders that are often factors into the development and maintenance of Selective Mutism as well as how these comorbid disorders affect treatment and school-based accommodations and strategies within the school.
4. Considerations for special education and how to classify children with SM and related social communication challenge for the most effective school accommodation/intervention plan.
5. How to develop 504 and IEP plans using evidence-based strategies to help the child/teen become social and verbal within the classroom
6. Step-by-step strategies and techniques for teachers/staff to use to help the child with SM, social anxiety, shyness, etc. develop peer relationships and speak within the class setting
7. Review of videos and case studies to demonstrate key concepts used to help the child expand communication within school.
8. Audience questions to our expert speakers to help with cases.
Read more about the conference schedule for the day!
Help us Spread the word! Twitter: #SMartSchool16 Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save
Who Should attend? Teachers, schoolpersonnel, treating professionals and interested parents can gaininsights and practical strategies from top experts for dealing with SM,social anxiety, extreme shyness. etc.
Conference awards: We are pleased to offer Selective Mutism 'In the School' Conferenceawards at the Philadelphia, PA (Oct 21) andNewark, NJ (Dec 9) conference. The Selective Mutism Research Institute (SMRI)Graduate Research Awards; The Sophia Blum Future Clinician Awards; Dr.Elisa Shipon-Blum Professional Awards.
For further information on each award and to apply
Presenters include: (Refer to schedule to view topics & presenter information)
This course is offered for 0.6 ASHA CEU's (Intermediate Level, Professional Area.) Presentations will focus exclusively on Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®), and no other treatment approaches will be discussed.
ACT 48 -Continuing Professional Education In PA Credits are offered for this- 0.6
Is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. CORA Services maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
The PA Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors has approved the credit hours for this conference.
This course provides 6 Professional Development Hours. Certificates of Attendance will be awarded to participants who attend the entire workshop and complete the evaluation form. Partial credits will not be awarded. Late arrival or early departure will preclude awarding of CE credits.
Cancellations must be made in writing up to 2 weeks prior to date of conference. Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations (including medical emergencies) 2 weeks prior to conference date. NO exceptions can be made.